UPTU Reservation and Quota
The reservation of seats under various categories and admission under management/NRIs/Kashmiri migrants/foreign nationals quota is given below.
Vertical reservation category
- Schedule Castes (SC) of UP: 21 percent
- Schedule Tribes (ST) of UP: 2 percent
- Other Backward Classes of UP: 27 percent
Horizontal reservation (sub category available in each category)
- Dependent of Freedom Fighters from UP: 2 percent
- Sons/Daughters of defence personnel of UP retired (superannuated) or killed/disabled in action: 5 percent
- Handicapped/disabled candidates belonging to UP: 3 percent
- Female candidates: 20 percent
A three percent weightage of the total marks obtained in UPSEE is provided to general category candidates who belong to rural areas of Uttar Pradesh. Weightage in marks is available to only those candidates who do not claim any other reservation.
Five percent seats of the total available in different programmes (both government and private institutions) are reserved for NRI category candidates. Direct admission is made to these seats and candidates do not require appearing in UPSEE.
Candidates displaced from the state of Kashmir may get direct admission into the first semester of different undergraduate degree programmes. The admission is made in accordance with the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and UP government guidelines. These candidates do not have to appear for UPSEE 2013 under this scheme.
- Admission to Foreign Nationals/PIOs and Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries (CIWGC)
- Candidates under this category need not to appear in the UPSEE.