The U.P Combined Medical Entrance Test (UPCMET) is conducted by the U.P. Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association (UPUMCWA) for admission to MBBS courses offered by its member colleges. The UPUMCWA is a consortium of unaided non minority medical colleges in Uttar Pradesh.
UPCMET 2013 will be held from 9 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. on 30 May 2013. Test centres will be available in 17 cities. The exam tests for admission to MBBS programs in member colleges for the academic session 2013 to 2014. U.P. Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association (UPUMCWA) holds the test.
UPCMET 2013 Important Dates
The schedule for UPCMET 2013 has been announced. Find out about important dates for the exam.
UPCMET 2013 Application
The application form for the test is available online. The completed application form or confirmation page (for online applications) should be sent by speed post to "The Coordinator, First Floor, Anand Ashram Complex, Rampur Garden, Bareilly-243 001." A demand draft of Rs. 1,000 should be included drawn in favor of UPUMCWA, payable at Bareilly. Your form must reach the coordinator by 30 April 2013.
You may also obtain the application by post or in person from participating member colleges. Mail a demand draft of Rs. 1,050 in favor of UPUMCWA payable at Bareilly with two self-addressed stickers to "The Coordinator UPCMET - 2013, First Floor, Anand Ashram Complex, Rampur Garden, Bareilly 234 001." Participating member colleges have the information brochure and application form available upon Rs. 1,000 cash payment.
The application form should be filled in with capital letters using a black ballpoint pen. The form allows you to pick an exam centre that cannot be changed later. Include a copy of your 10+2 mark sheet, your 10th standard certificate, any other applicable certificates and four copies of a recent passport-sized photograph.
UPCMET 2013 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should be citizens of India and at least 17 years of age as of 31 December 2013.
Applicants should have passed the Uttar Pradesh Board's 10+2 exam, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or equivalent from a recognized university or board. Candidates must have English as a subject, with at least 50 percent in Physics, Chemistry and Biology together (40 percent for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes candidates). If you are appearing for the 10+2 exam in 2013, you are also eligible provided that you pass the exam with the appropriate marks.
UPCMET 2013 Exam Pattern
The test has two sections, Physical and Biological Sciences and General English. Find out more about the exam pattern.
UPCMET 2013 Syllabus
View the syllabus for UPCMET 2013.
UPCMET 2013 Exam Centres
Find out which exam centre is located near you.
UPCMET 2013 Colleges
The test is conducted to create a merit list for admission to member colleges of UPUMCWA. The MBBS programs will begin in the academic session 2013 to 2014. Member colleges are listed below, as of February, 2013. The numbers next to them indicate their total students' intake
- Career Institute of Medical Science & Hospital - 100**
- Hind Institute of Medical Sciences - 100**
- Major S.D. Singh Medical College & Hospital - 100**
- Mayo Institute of Medical Sciences - 150**
- Muzaffarnagar Medical College, Muzaffarnagar - 50*, 100#
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Subharti Medical College, Meerut - 50*, 100#
- Rama Medical College Hospital & Research Centre (Ghaziabad) - 150**
- Rama Medical College Hospital & Research Centre (Kanpur) - 100**
- Rohilkhand Medicla College, Bareilly - 50*, 100#
- Saraswati Institute of Medical Sciences - 100**
- Sharda University School of Medical Sciences and Research - 100**
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak Institute of Medical Sciences, Bareilly - 100#
Note: Any new unaided medical college of Uttar Pradesh that may get approval from the Indian government may also be considered.
* Letter of Permission for the Academic Year 2013 - 14 is to be issued by the Government of India on the recommendations of the medical council of india latest by June 30, 2013
# Recognized Seats, no letter of permission required for the academic year 2013 - 14
UPCMET 2013 QnA
ask questions about UPCMET 2013.
UPCMET 2013 Results
Candidates who perform successfully on the test will be informed by post. Check the UPUMCWA website for further information as it becomes available.