UPCAT Dental MDS Exam
The Association of Pvt. Medical & Dental Colleges of Uttar Pradesh conducts a common entrance test every year for admitting students to the 3 year MDS (master of dental surgery) course for the academic session 2015-16. The entrance exam is known as the UPCAT MDS. On the basis of this test, admissions will be made in those dental colleges in UP that are part of the association.
Important exam dates
- Date of obtaining application form from participating colleges : 10 December, 2014
- Last date of submit application form: 31 January, 2015
- Entrance exam, UPCAT MDS 2015 to be held at Lucknow & Delhi on: 8 February, 2015 (3-5 pm)
- UPCAT MDS 2015 results declared: 16 February, 2015
The application form as well as the information brochure will be available at all private dental colleges offering MDS, by paying the exam fee of Rs.1500. The form can also be downloaded from www.upcatdental.net.
You can write the UPCAT MDS exam only if you've successfully completed your BDS degree from a recognised college in India, have completed the 1 year compulsory internship, registered with DCI or a State Dental council and have a certificate of good conduct from the head of your previous institute.
Admit cardThe admit card will be made available for download on the website, www.upcatdental.net. The exact venue/ exam centre address will be mentioned on your admit card. UPCAT MDS exam will be conducted only two cities - Delhi and Lucknow.
- The UPCAT MDS 2015 (for admission to MDS courses) is an objective type exam with MCQs.
- Duration of the paper would be 2 hours (3-5 pm) and medium of questions will be only English
- There will be 100 questions for 1 mark each. One-fourth negative marking for every wrong answer.
- Exam syllabus will be based on the BDS course curriculum and questions from the following sections will be asked: General Anatomy & Histology, General Dental Physiology, Dental Anatomy & Biochemistry, General & Dental Pharmacology & Therapeutics, General Pathology & Microbiology, Dental Material & Metallurgy, Oral Pathology, General Surgery, General Medicine, Preventive & Community Dentistry, Operative Dentistry, Orthodontics, Pediatric Dentistry, Oral Surgery, Dental Radiology & Oral Medicine, Periodontics, Prosthodontics
Co-ordinator of UPCAT-MDS, Association of Private Medical & Dental Colleges of U.P.
Keshlata Hospital, Delapeer, Bareilly 243122 (U.P.)
Phones : 0581-2303344, 2300647
e-mail : Keshlatahospital@gmail.com