Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences - SGPGIMS
The Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS) in Lucknow is ranked among the best medical institutes of India and is a state university of Uttar Pradesh. It was established in 1983 and is named after Sanjay Gandh, Indian politician and son of former PM, Indira Gandhi.
The institute is on a 550 acres residential campus at Raebareli Road, 15 km from the city of Lucknow. The institute offers its own degrees, which are recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI.) SGPGIMS delivers tertiary medical care, super-specialty teaching, training and research. It offers DM, MCh, MD, Ph.D., postdoctoral fellowships (PDF) and postdoctoral certificate courses (PDCC), as well as senior residency.
SGPGIMS has a sprawling, beautiful campus that is away from the city with greenery, trees and parks, a well-stocked library with 16,000+ books, computer and internet access across the institute & hospital, a swimming pool, a gymnasium, tennis courts, a sports complex, doctors' accommodation, clubs, seminar rooms and auditoriums for lectures, or entertainment.
There's hostel facilities for unmarried students and apartments for married students/ residents, within the university campus. The campus also has a shopping centre, an SBI bank branch and a post office.
There are more than 120 faculty members in 20 academic departments in the university:
- Critical Care Medicine
- Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery
- Emergency Medicine
- Surgical Gastroenterology
- Cardiothoracic surgery
- Endocrine surgery
- Medical Genetics
- Biostatistics and Health Informatics
- Nuclear Medicine
- Pediatric gastroenterology
- Pulmonary medicine
- Transfusion Medicine
- 3 year DM courses: Cardiology, Clinical Immunology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Medical Genetics, Nephrology, and Neurology
- 3 year MCh courses:Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Endocrine Surgery, Neurosurgery, Surgical Gastroenterology, and Urology
- 1 year Post-doctoral Fellowship (PDF): Renal Transplantation Medicine (Nephrology), Renal Transplantation Surgery (Urology) and Pancreatico-biliary Surgery (Surgical Gastroenterology)
- 1 year Post-Doctoral Certificate Courses (PDCC): Apheresis Technology and Component Therapy, Cardiac Anaesthesia, Endocrine Surgery, Gastro-Radiology, Infectious Diseases, Laboratory Immunology, Neuro-Anaesthesia, Neuro-Radiology, Nuclear Nephro-Urology, Pediatric Endocrinology, Pediatric Gastroenterology, and Renal Pathology
- 3 years Senior Resident (Hospital Services): Anaesthesiology, Cardiology, Immunology, Clinical Hematology, Critical Care Medicine, CVTS, Endocrinology, Endocrine Surgery, Gastroenterology, Genetics, Laboratory Hematology, Microbiology, Nephrology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Nuclear Medicine, Pathology, Radiodiagnosis, Radiotherapy, Surgical Gastroenterology and Transfusion Medicine
- 3 years MD courses: Anesthesiology, Immunohematology & Blood Transfusion, Microbiology, Nuclear Medicine, Pathology, Radiodiagnosis, Radiotherapy
- 3-5 years PhD courses: Endocrinology, Endocrine Surgery, Gastroenterology, Immunology, Medical Genetics, Microbiology, Neurology, Nuclear Medicine, Pathology, Radiotherapy, Surgical Gastroenterology and Transfusion Medicine
- 3 years Fellowship: Biostatistics
If you have appeared for the exams conducted by the Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, you can check your exam results at the website www.ExamResults.net. The exact link for your result is: http://results.upeducation.net/sgpgi/
Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences
Rae Bareli Road, Lucknow,
Uttar Pradesh, Pin: 226014
Phone: 0522 266 8700