Veer Bahadur Singh (VBS) Purvanchal University
Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University (previously known as Purvanchal University) is a state (public) university established in 1987 in Jaunpur and named in the honour of Veer Bahadur Singh, a former chief minister of Uttar Pradesh. It is a UGC recognised (2001) and NAAC accredited (2004) university.
Nearly 367 colleges in the districts of Jaunpur, Azamgarh, Mau, Ghazipur and Allahabad are affiliated to the VBS Purvanchal University. Apart from this, the university also offers many residential courses on its 171 acres campus located 10 kms from the city of Jaunpur.
It has a 3 storeyed central library (Vivekanand Central Library) that stocks 95000+ books and many journals, PhD theses, magazines etc. the university also offers hostel facilities for students pursuing courses on its campus, a 1000-seater auditorium and an open sports stadium that can seat 5000.
Vivekanand Central Library
Faculty, department & courses
Faculty of Management Studies
- Department of Business Management: MBA, MBA (Agri-Business), MBA (E-Commerce)
- Department of Business Economics: MBA (Business Economics)
- Department of Financial Studies: MBA (Finance and Control)
- Department of HRD: MBA (HRD), Master of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
Faculty of Engineering
- UNS Institute of Engineering & Technology: B.Tech. in Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Sciences & Engineering, and IT
- Department of Computer Applications: MCA
Faculty of Applied Social Sciences
- Department of Mass Communication: MA in Mass Communication
- Department of Applied Psychology: MA in Applied Psychology
Faculty of Medicine
- Department of Pharmacy: B.Pharm
Faculty of Sciences
- Department of Bio-Technology: M.Sc.(Biotechnology)
- Department of Micro-Biology: M.Sc Microbiology
- Department of Bio-Chemistry: M.Sc Biochemistry
- Department of Environmental Science: M.Sc Environmental Science
The admission to all courses offered by the various departments of the university is done through the University Entrance Test - Purvanchal University Combined Admission Test (PUCAT). The exception being the B.Tech and B.Pharm courses, for which admission is through the entrance exam, UPSEE.
If you have appeared for the exams conducted by the V B S Purvanchal University, you can check your exam results at the website www.ExamResults.net. The exact link for your result is: http://results.upeducation.net/vbspu/
Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University
Jaunpur, Uttar Pradesh, Pin: 223101
Phone: 05452 252 222