Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC)
The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) was founded on April, 1, 1937, with the primary focus of selecting candidates to different administrative positions in UP. The commission is controlled by the UP Public Service Commission Regulation, 1976.
Initiating its voyage from A few rooms of a Secretariat in Allahabad, the commission has today made some amazing progress. The commission has a camp office in the state capital - Lucknow apart from its headquarters in Allahabad and manages over a few lakhs applications consistently at its computerized office.
With the increment in the work through the years, number of individuals in the commission too has increased. The two examination centres at Allahabad and Lucknow serves to around 3000 candidates at once.
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission undertakes the following activities:
1. Recruiting candidates to the various services of state through the following methods:
· Interview only.
· Screening test & Interview.
· Examination only.
· Examination & Interview only.
· Preliminary Examination, Main Examination & Interview
2. Promotion of the employees
3. Disciplinary actions against employees
4. Service Rules
5. Advising the Uttar Pradesh Government
The Commission comprises of a Chairman (currently Dr. Anil Kumar Yadav) and 8 members (secretary included). The appointment is made by the governor of Uttar Pradesh in accordance with the provisions in Articles-316 to 319 of the constitution of India.
UPPSC conducts the following exams:
1. Combined State/Upper Subordinate Preliminary Exam
2. Combined State/Upper Subordinate Main Exam
3. Review officer/ Assistant Review Officer (R.O/A.R.O) Preliminary Exam (Only for UPPSC)
4. Review officer/ Assistant Review Officer (R.O/A.R.O) Preliminary Exam (Only for UPPSC)
5. Additional Private Secretary (A.P.S.) Examination (Only for the UPPSC)
6. Assistant Registrar Examination
7. Combined State Engineering Examination
8. U.P. Nyayic Seva (Junior Division) Examination
9. Assistant Prosecuting Officer Examination